Fanimal has created Learn, Earn & Return, a program that will allow animal lovers like you to explore animal-focused careers.
LEARN: Learn about animal-related career paths
EARN: Let us pay you to generate animal-focused content
RETURN: Your contribution makes a difference to animals and fellow animal lovers like you
Did You Know?
To fit into your world, we have two different program plans for you to choose. For those interested in meeting school internship credit for the program, we offer a 110-140 hour program over 12-14 weeks. Our other option is a 12-week program, renewable for up to three 12-week sessions.
Once accepted into the program, you will have access to several hours of career coaching and will get paid to contribute to Fanimal’s mission in a variety of ways, while learning about animal careers. Some possible activities you could work on include:
- Writing articles on animal-related topics
- Produce videos
- Create art projects
- Help with special events and other outreach programs
- Develop materials for speaking engagements; give presentations
- Assist in fundraising efforts
- Take on management of programs unique to your interests
- Assist with partnership development
- Marketing content via social media outlets
We are eager to connect with you! Email us here, so we can get to know you.
Skills you might obtain in the LER program include nonprofit management, networking, WordPress, marketing, social media, research, education and outreach, event planning and management, content development, and visual design.
Beginning in Spring 2021, the program pay structure is as follows:
- The 110-140 hour internship track of the LER program MUST be for college credit.
- The renewable 12-week program provides a $530 stipend over the 12-week period, averaging 4 hours of work per week.
All stipends are disbursed at the end of each month of work, based on the portion of the program completed that month.
Want to support the LER Program?
We are looking for sponsors for future Fellowships! For a donation of $2,100, you can support one Fellowship position for two years. If you are interested in sponsoring a Fellow for one or more cycles of the programs please email us. Naming rights to a specific Fellowship may be available based on donation amount.